Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fruit Bread

Life has not calmed down in the least! I have started making mason jars filled with cookies, cakes, and muffins. I am selling them on facebook. I hope it turns out to be a worthy endeavor.



My mom and I started our holiday baking last week and I have not had a chance to update my blog. The next few posts will be recipes that we make almost every year. Fruit bread is one of those recipes. This fruit bread is not the hard stuff you hear about. It is moist, sweet, and amazingly tasty. I remember my grandma making this bread, so it has been in the family for years.

We normally make small loaves of the bread. The only picture I took is of the loaf we made in a fall shaped pan that Nick and I received for a wedding gift. This loaf was only enjoyed by the dog. I ran downstairs to change laundry around and she hopped up on the counter and had a snack. I wish I had a picture of it after to show. Luckily, she did not get sick, even though there are chocolate chips in the bread.
Fruit Bread
This recipe makes 8 small loaves.
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
6 bananas - Mashed
4 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional (I never use nuts in this recipe)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup maraschino cherries
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar together. Add ingredients in order given. Bake in greased pans at 350 degrees for 1 hour or toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.




No comments:

Post a Comment