Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coconut Icebox Cookies


I have never actually made these cookies but the recipe has been in my recipe box for a long time. I made the dough up the other week but have not gotten around to baking the cookies. All I have is a picture of the dough in a Ziploc bag. I am hoping to bake off the cookies within the next week. Once I bake them I will update about the taste and quality.





Icebox Cookies


Ingredients:


2 cups packed brown sugar

3/4 cup butter, softened

2 beaten eggs

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups coconut



Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.


Sift the flour with the cream of tartar and baking soda.


Alternately add the flour mixture and the shredded coconut to the creamed mixture.


Form dough into round log about 2 inches in diameter.


Tightly wrap dough and chill for several hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).


Remove dough form refrigerator and cut into 1/4 inch slices.


Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment